Whether it’s Christmas, a birthday, or any other holiday, playing to entertain friends and family is essential to a successful party.
We’ve put together a selection of the best free party games apps that are easy to set up and suitable for all ages, interests and gatherings. From fun fun with friends to games suitable for your grandparents, here are the seven best free party games, available on Android and iOS.
1. The 7-second challenge: best for fun
Based on the original game invented by YouTuber AmazingPhil, the unofficial 7 Second Challenge app is available for free on the Android and iOS stores.
This free board game app invites participants to complete fun and original seven-second challenges. The challenges range from the more normal (“Name three movies with sequels”) to the more original requests (“Get yourself a new hairstyle”). You can also add your own challenges to customize the game.
You only need one device to play 7 Second Challenge with your friends. Once you’ve downloaded the app, follow these steps to get started:
- Tap Player to start a game.
- Tap Normal to play the free version.
- Enter the name of each player and press the button man icon Add.
- Tap Player when all players have been added.
- Read the challenge aloud to the named player.
- Tap To begin with to start the seven-second countdown.
- Tap Finished where Faileddepending on whether or not the player passes the challenge within seven seconds.
See how many seven second rounds you can win against your friends.
Download: 7 Second Challenge on Android | iOS (Free, in-app purchases available)
2. FIRST! The best for an all-inclusive family environment
This free party game app lets you play a digital version of the classic family card game, UNO!, with real-life friends. Each participant must download the app on their own device to play, but luckily the app is compatible with Android, iOS and Facebook.
If you’re new to UNO!, start with a few practice rounds. type I am new! on the home screen to play a game with step-by-step instructions. This feature is very handy if you know how to play but don’t want to spend hours explaining the rules to the whole family.
It’s easy to play UNO with your friends and family at your party:
- Tap Play with a friend.
- Tap Create a room to start your own private UNO game.
- Personalize your room by choosing your Total Time, Room Mode, Rules, Special Cardsand Privileges.
- Tap Create.
- Share yours Room ID with your friends and family, located at the top left of the screen.
- Once your friends and family have signed up, tap To begin with to start your UNO game.
If you’re a fan of classic games, check out these free online board game sites for more ideas.
Download: ONE! for Android | iOS (Free, in-app purchases available)
3. PSYCH! Best for outsmarting friends
PSYCH! is a free board game application where the idea is to bluff by answering questions and outsmart your friends. Each player submits their answer to each question (as dumb as you like!) and then all entries are combined into one correct answer. From the last choice, all players must guess which is the correct answer.
After downloading the app, follow these steps to play PSYCH together!
- Tap start the game.
- Tap a bridge to read the description.
- Tap Player in the deck of cards you have chosen.
- Share the code displayed on the screen with your friends. (They should press Join the game on their phone and enter this code).
- Switch to Ellen is playing to include or exclude Ellen Degeneres from your game.
- Tap on Number of turns Do you wanna play.
- Tap To begin with to start the game.
PSYCH! can be a fun and silly game to play for anyone who enjoys a bit of banter.
Download: PSYCH! for Android | iOS (Free, in-app purchases available)
4. Trivia 360: Best for the after-dinner vibe
If you’re looking for an after-dinner game to play with other people, try Trivia 360.
Trivia 360 is an easy-to-use quiz app that you can play solo or with a friend on Android and iOS. Just answer each question within a given time and compete with your friend to become the trivia champion.
Once you’ve downloaded the app and set up your profile, follow these steps to play Trivia 360 as a board game:
- Tap Face to face.
- Tap Challenge your friends.
- Tap on link icon to copy and share your game link with your friends.
- Tap Player next to your friend’s icon.
- Tap To begin with to start the game and take your turn.
If you’ve managed to exhaust all the trivia questions, check out these fun free online quiz sites to keep the fun going.
Download: Trivia 360 for Android | iOS (Free, in-app purchases available)
5. Heads Up! : best for loud and hilarious fun.
If you’re feeling energized, Heads Up! is the free board game app to throw at your meeting. By holding your phone to your forehead so your teammates can see the answer, you have to guess the displayed word correctly from acting, singing, shouting and any other means your teammates use. teammate to show you the answer.
You only need one copy of the app to play, so we recommend downloading Heads Up! on an Android device for the free-to-play version.
Follow these steps to start a game:
- Tap a bridge to read the description.
- Tap Play! to select the game.
- Tap Enable Instant Replays! if you want the app to record your teammates when they try to help you find the answer.
- Alternately, swipe up play without instant replay.
- Place your phone on your forehead with the screen facing your teammates.
- If you guess your friends’ clues correctly, tilt your phone down to continue to the next question.
- If you don’t guess correctly, tilt your phone up pass on
Watching your friends and family slow down frantically trying to tell you the answer adds to the fun of Heads Up!
Download: Heads-Up! for Android (Free, in-app purchases available) | iOS ($1.99)
6. Among Us: Best for Late Night Vibes
If you’re looking for a mix of teamwork and betrayal, you need to play Among Us.
Play in a team of up to 10 people, you and your teammates must complete basic tasks to operate your ship. However, one crew member is the Imposter and will try to kill everyone on board. The crew must find the Imposter before the game ends.
Once you and your friends or family have downloaded the app, follow these steps to play Among Us:
- To log in or create an account.
- Choose one friend code pressing the button arrows icon to scroll through suggested words. (Once set, this parameter cannot be changed).
- Tap Confirm then close.
- Tap Local to play with your friends.
- Tap Make a game.
- Tap Personalize in the lower right corner to change settings.
- Ask your friends to enter yours friend code to join your game.
Among Us can also be played with remote players by touch Online on the main screen. You can also play Among Us on your Mac.
Download: Among Us for Android | iOS (Free, in-app purchases available)
7. The New York Times Crossword: Best for Including Your Grandparents
If you’re looking for a free party game app that your grandparents will love, The New York Times Crossword is a sure bet. You can download a seven-day free trial of The Crossword, which is perfect for a one-time party or to cover the holiday season.
Choose between easy, medium and hard daily crossword puzzles. You can also browse the archives to find past NYT crossword puzzles.
Sit down with your grandparents and follow these steps to play:
- Tap your choice crossword. The timer will start immediately.
- Tap on left and right arrows at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the crosswords.
- Use the On-screen keyboard to enter your answers.
- Tap anything crossword square to enter or edit your answer.
- Double tap on either crossword square to toggle between cross and down entries.
You can also access the Spelling Bee and the popular Wordle game within the app.
Download: The New York Times Crossword for Android | iOS (7-day free trial, in-app purchases available)
Have fun at any party with these free board game apps
The key to a good party is to keep having fun. The above free party games apps are suitable for all kinds of gatherings and different guests, and you can choose the appropriate game according to the mood of the party.
The only potential problem with free party apps is advertising, which can disrupt the flow of your gaming experience. Most of the time, this can be missed, but if all else fails, you can’t beat a game of charades. during a party !