The Pure Nintendo team is back with our latest playlist! This week, there’s a lot of love for Fire Emblem, along with Splatoon, Mario Party, and more.
It’s probably no surprise that Fire Emblem Engage is our most played title right now. This latest iteration in the long-running series of tactical RPGs hit the Switch last week, and we’re loving it. We’re also doing our full review, so stay tuned for our thoughts!
There’s always time for board games, and Super Mario Party is one of the best. Even the AI is sometimes a bit unbalanced. Meanwhile, there’s more roguelike love with Bravery and Greed and Lone Ruin revisited. Picross puzzles are still with us, along with the RPG goodness of Alphadia Neo.
If you’re looking for gaming inspiration, check out our playlist below to see what the Pure Nintendo team is playing right now. And what is it your playlist? Let us know in the “Comments” section.
Purely Nintendo Playlist
- Splatoon 3 (Switch) – I didn’t have much time for Splat this week. But I did a few matches here and there. I’m trying to rank up to S+ right now. But getting into a good full team is difficult in Splatoon.
- Picross 8 (Move) – Still working on this one. The puzzles are harder now, but to be honest, I enjoy the bigger puzzles more. I like the challenge, and they take quite a while… Which makes the game a bit longer.
- Fire Emblem: Engage (Switch) – I only really play one game right now, and that’s Fire Emblem: Engage. It’s exactly what I expect from a Fire Emblem game. The strategy aspect is great and the cut scenes are awesome. Very nice game.
- Fire Emblem: Engage (Transfer) – I’ve been playing this game so much since my Divine Edition arrived on Thursday (that’s right…Thursday!) that my son asked if it was nearly finished. Not me. And I hope I won’t be long. What a great game!
- Onion attack (Move) – To conclude my review of this entertaining retro action/arcade game from Hörberg Productions. I’d argue that almost any recipe could benefit from onions, and I can now make the same argument for Switch platformers.
- Alphadia Neo (Switch) – Still browsing KEMCO’s latest RPG. The last one they released didn’t impress me much, but this one hit the spot. Look for my opinion soon.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) – Usually when there’s a new episode of a series, I go back and play an older one. So I’m pretending to be in 2017 with Shadows of Valentia. Be sure to pick up the DLC if you’re interested, because it’ll be gone when they close the eShop in a few months.
- Nintendo Switch Online (Switch) – Tried random NES games, as well as Super Mario World (SNES). This last one is to prepare for our next Koopa Kast, not that I need an excuse to start such a classic.
- Fire Emblem Engage (Switch) – Let me just say: I LOVE this game. I’m a big Fire Emblem fan, having played a lot on the 3DS. The battles are very enjoyable and the intervening story is compelling. I’m going to spend some time with this I think!
- Pokémon Violet (Switch) – This title had to take a back seat thanks to Fire Emblem, but I still found time to beat another Titan. So it’s 12 badges out of 18 now!
- Melatonin (Move) – Spend more time in this rhythm-based title set in the world of dreams. It’s tricky but fun; it’s about getting into the groove.
- sad ruin (Move) – I’m still trying to get through this tough bullet. Fortunately, it’s also a lot of fun. Look out for my next review!
- Super Mario Party (Switch) – One more turn before the holiday is over! Woody Woods is a favorite board. I would love to see new paintings or characters added at some point.
- Bravery and Greed (Switch) – I looked at this when I was with someone to see if it was easier with more players. Nope. But still super fun.
You can learn more about our talented staff and don’t forget to find us on Patreon to support our print magazine. Our next issue will be out next month!